Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies, and obligations, and in using this website, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions.
THE SOCIETY website allows users to receive information about THE SOCIETY, as well as book classes, cancel, and pay for services and products offered at THE SOCIETY facilities.
To book a class at THE SOCIETY, you must have a valid class credit or membership to reserve a spot. To buy an individual class credit or membership, you can either sign up on the thesociety-fitness.com or by using your email and creating a password, or if you are already registered, click login to buy a class credit, or membership and make your reservation.
Please download the THE SOCIETY App to your iPhone or Android before coming to the studio. Once you’re within 100 meters of the front desk, you’ll be able to check into class from your phone. If you do not have a phone, please approach the desk upon arrival and we’ll check you in there. If you do not check-in, we may release your bike to another guest 2 minutes before the start of class. DO NOT ASSUME THE FRONT DESK STAFF KNOWS YOU ARE IN ATTENDANCE. Additionally, checking in for other clients is prohibited.
To cancel a class, please reach out via phone, email or in person to let us know. Our cancellation window is 12 hours prior to class for cycle and 24 hours for strength classes. If you cancel before those cut-offs, we’ll put your class credit back on your account. We do charge a late cancel fee of $15 to those on memberships who cancel less than 12 hours before class.
If members fail to cancel before class begins, they will be assessed a $20 no-show fee. If you have booked your class using a class credit, you will lose the credit if you are a late cancel or no-show.
If you book multiple classes or waitlist multiple classes, you are solely responsible for canceling your classes within the bounds of the cancellation policy. THE SOCIETY staff cannot be held responsible for accidental bookings by clients, or double bookings or double waitlisted classes made by clients. Late cancel and no-show fees apply if you do not cancel within the bounds of the cancellation policy for double bookings.
The system will auto-populate clients into class from the waitlist as other clients with confirmed spots cancel and class spots will be assigned as such.
THE SOCIETY staff will add walk-in, waitlisted clients in the order in which they were added to the waitlist by the computer system, top to bottom, and EXACTLY 2 minutes before the start of class. There is no waitlist priority given for early arrival.
RETURN AND EXCHANGE POLICY:
If you have a circumstance under which you need a refund, please contact email@example.com with your inquiry. All retail may be returned within 14 days of the date of purchase, unworn, free from any marks or stains, and all original tags attached.
AUTO-DEBITED CONTRACTS & UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIPS:
The following terms and conditions apply if you are enrolled in an unlimited auto-debit contract:
I, the Client, authorize THE SOCIETY, LLC to, on a recurring basis, automatically charge the debit or credit card account I specified, for monthly payments due on my unlimited auto-debit plan associated with my account.
I understand that THE SOCIETY will initiate transfers/charges pursuant to this authorization not to exceed the amount shown on my auto-debit contract and/or in connection with cancellation fees according to the THE SOCIETY cancellation policy. THE SOCIETY will initiate charges each month on the date my contract is set to renew.
THE SOCIETY may discontinue processing of recurring charges if the Company is unable to secure funds from my debit or credit card I have authorized due to, but not limited to, insufficient or uncollected funds in the account or insufficient or inaccurate information I provided.
In order to cancel a recurring monthly membership, a member must request a cancellation before the next billing cycle via email or in person.
In order to cancel a 6 or 12-month membership, (if it is beyond 45 days into a long-term membership contract), a member needs to request cancelation before the next billing cycle and a $225 cancellation fee will be assessed. If a member is moving to a new location, by which it is unreasonable to commute to THE SOCIETY, we will cancel their membership at no cost.
To freeze an account for up to 30 days, please contact the front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the date of the freeze and you will be assessed a $25 fee.
By continuing to use our services, you agree to the statements above regarding auto-debited contracts and unlimited memberships.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN CLASSES AT THE SOCIETY:
In CYCLE, we ride to the beat of the music. Your instructor will call out and demonstrate various drills to perform. Cycle classes can reach temperatures exceeding 80 degrees. In STRENGTH, all classes are for all fitness levels and your coach will give any needed modifications for the given workout based on individual needs. The temperature in our studios ranges from 68-85 degrees depending on the quantity of guests and outside temperatures. Loud music will be played in all classes.
Our minimum age is 13 years old and you must be 4’11” tall at a minimum. If you are under the age 18, you may not ride unless a parent or guardian signs a waiver for you in person. If you are under the age of 15, your parent/guardian must also ride with you, in addition to signing a waiver.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
We collect personally identifiable information, such as names, phone numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, credit card information, and etcetera when it is voluntarily submitted by our members and/or visitors. If you use this website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept sole responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
Registration of minors (ages 12-18) must be completed in person at our studios with a parent or legal guardian present. If we learn any personal information has been submitted to the website from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as reasonably possible. THE SOCIETY does not seek or share personal information from minors through this website.
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential have access to this information. All emails, phone calls, mobile text messages, and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of future marketing communication. We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including the use of firewalls and secure sockets layer software where appropriate. We do not sell your information to anyone.
THE SOCIETY reserves the right to refuse, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion.
WAIVER AND RELEASE:
When you visit THE SOCIETY or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically, and therefore consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
THE SOCIETY CYCLING + STRENGTH LIABILITY RELEASE WAIVER
I have signed up to attend class at THE SOCIETY, LLC, (“THE SOCIETY”) and in partial consideration for such membership, I acknowledge, represent and agree as follow:
1. THE SOCIETY has disclosed to me, and I acknowledge that indoor cycling and strength training carries certain health risks including but not limited to, mild to severe muscle and tendon strain, mild to severe joint pain and even heart attacks.
2. I represent to THE SOCIETY that I am in good health and have no disability, impairment, medical condition, illness or health related issue which may prevent me from engaging in vigorous exercise or using THE SOCIETY facilities and taking classes offered by the studio instructors, or which pose a health risk to other users of THE SOCIETY facilities.
3. I assume full responsibility for my medical condition as it relates to engaging in exercise and using THE SOCIETY facilities. I have consulted with a physician and have not been instructed by such physician to refrain from using THE SOCIETY facilities or not to participate in any activities of the type available in THE SOCIETY facilities, or in lieu of such consultation, I represent that I have had the opportunity to have done so and have waived the opportunity to do so.
4. I have adequate insurance (including, without limitation, health insurance) necessary to provide for and pay any and all medical costs that may directly or indirectly result from my use of THE SOCIETY facilities.
5. I understand that my presence in THE SOCIETY facilities and my use of these facilities involves risk as disclosed herein. I hereby knowingly and freely assume all risk and responsibility for any and all damage to property or bodily and/or personal injury in connection with my use of THE SOCIETY facilities, or taking classes offered by THE SOCIETY.
6. I hereby release, discharge and covenant not to sue (and relinquish my rights to sue) THE SOCIETY, its members, managers, employees, attorneys, and their respective successors and/or assigns (each a “Released Party” and collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and with respect to any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, suits, rights and/or causes of action of whatever kind or nature, now or hereafter existing, whether known or unknown, present or future, foreseen or unforeseen, whether caused by the negligence of a Released Party or otherwise, that may arise from my use of THE SOCIETY facilities, or taking classes offered by THE SOCIETY, including, without limitation, any damage to property or bodily and/or personal injury in connection therewith. I hereby waive any protections afforded by any statute or law in any jurisdiction whose purpose, substance and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise, which the person giving the release does not know or suspect to exist at the time of executing the release. I acknowledge that this means, in part, that I am hereby releasing any and all unknown future claims.
7. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any loss, damage, claim, suit, liability, demand, cost and/or expense, paid or incurred by the Released Parties, or asserted against any of them (including attorney’s fees, court costs and disbursements) caused in whole or in part, by, or arising directly or indirectly out of my use of THE SOCIETY facilities, taking classes offered by THE SOCIETY, and/or my breach of this Agreement.
8. THE SOCIETY has advised me not to bring valuable personal property into it’s facilities. I assume full responsibility for any loss of or damage to my personal property which may occur at THE SOCIETY facilities. The Corporation shall not be liable for the loss, theft, or damage of any personal property located anywhere in THE SOCIETY facilities.
9. I agree to the following miscellaneous provisions:
a. I have neither requested nor received any express representations or warranties as to the use of THE SOCIETY facilities and THE SOCIETY has not made and does not make any actual or implied representations or warranties regarding the condition or appropriate use of THE SOCIETY facilities, or taking classes offered by THE SOCIETY.
b. This Agreement has been executed by me and may not be used by any other person for the purpose of using THE SOCIETY facilities.
c. I have received a copy of THE SOCIETY rules and regulations (if requested) and agree to abide by them and any amendments to them hereafter adopted. I agree that THE SOCIETY may suspend or revoke my right to use THE SOCIETY facilities upon determining, in its sole discretion, that I have materially violated any of the THE SOCIETY facilities rules and regulations or that I have materially breached the terms of this Agreement.
d. This Agreement covers any and all liability, claims and actions caused entirely, or in part, by any and all acts or failures to act on my part, including but not limited to, negligence or mistake.
e. This Agreement shall also bind my assigns, heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns.
f. THE SOCIETY facilities Release and Waiver shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of California.
g. If any term or provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall to any extent be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future laws, then and in such event, it is the express intention of the parties that the remainder of this Agreement, or the application of such terms, clauses or provision other than to those as to which it is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby, and each term, clause or provision of this Agreement, and the application thereof, shall be legal, valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
h. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, negotiations, statements, promises and discussions, oral and written, between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
i. The provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect even after the termination of the activities conducted by me at THE SOCIETY facilities.
10. THE SOCIETY takes Coronavirus seriously and has put in place preventative measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting THE SOCIETY, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
11. I agree to comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions given by THE SOCIETY trainers and staff.
THE SOCIETY may photograph and record you. They may publish and distribute these photographs and recordings in connection with your participation in studio fitness activities and your attendance at THE SOCIETY facilities. By acknowledging these terms, you agree and consent that THE SOCIETY may display these photographs and recordings through our website and social media channels.
12. I have read and fully understand the terms of this Agreement, and understand that I may have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement. I agree to abide by and be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
PARTICIPANT CERTIFIES THAT HE/SHE IS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, OR IF HE/SHE IS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THE PARTICIPANT’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN CERTIFIES, THAT HE/SHE HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT.
THE SOCIETY does not permit riders under the age of 13 and any participant younger than 15, must attend class with a legal guardian (guardian must be over the age of 18).
In no event shall THE SOCIETY, LLC, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (2) personal injury, illness or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website, (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers an/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our site by any third party and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the THE SOCIETY website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
You specifically acknowledge that THE SOCIETY shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
THE SOCIETY, LLC may revise these terms and conditions by updating this posting. By using this Website, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then-current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
THE SOCIETY, LLC Management Team